OK, so, been more than a little bit, but the tank has been up in its new scape and location for about a month now and I'm no longer embarrassed by how badly I messed up.
FTS Ė 04/09/2012
Suffice to say that any and all moss that had been in it originally died because it dried out before being submersed, due to my noobishness. Good news is that I learnt my lesson on that front and the new moss I ordered from one fellow Canadian and some fine chaps in the UK is doing great. The weeping moss is really starting to come into its own and is growing like mad. The flame moss is growing well, but very thin. And I had some coral moss in there as well for a time, but Iíve come to loathe it; itís brittle and doesnít stick to anything and just falls apart constantly no matter what I do. Itís been moved to my little 5.5g snail and moss farm (+ Betta Ray Bob), but thatís a thread for another time.
I'm no longer dosing Flourish Excel because I'm pretty sure it was killing all my vals and dwarf sag. I dose macros sporadically, because everything seems to be doing well enough on that front and at only 13w I donít see a need for heavy fertilizing. I do think I need to start dosing micros though, because Iíve noticed some pale new growth and the dwarf sag and val seem to be developing hole in the middle of the leaves; micros start tomorrow.
As far as flora, pretty much all the same as last time: a weeping and flame moss tree (actually alive this time!); african water fern; narrow java fern; val nana; dwarf sag; green gecko, mi oya and tropica crypts; fissidens fontanus on the glass; a chunk of lace rock covered in leftover weeping moss; a marimo ball and random floaters.
And as for fauna, Iíve got 7 chili rasboras (I think and hope, though theyíre still awfully pale), 5 RCS (not regular, but certainly not PFR), Turbo the apple snail, Jekyll and Hekyll the otos, Tooth the horned nerite and a fistful of MTS.
I also finally set up the Fluval 105 and itís doing quite good so far, though Iíll be honest, next time Iíll probably go Eheim just for the ease of swapping out the hosing and what not. Although, I did come to a blissful realization: the stock hosing from a Fluval 105 fits perfectly snug over a ĹĒ hose connector with only minor wiggling and cursing involved. So that (and the fact the smallest PVC piping I could find anywhere nearby was ĹĒ) is why Iíve got that huge white spray bar at the back. Iíll eventually invest in some lily pipes, but for now it does a great job of breaking down the flow enough so my chilis arenít spending all their time fighting the current. My first little piece of DIY and I'm glad it actually went well!
Closing shot, BOOM!