Some big changes today in the tank inhabitants. I decided it was best to rehome the cories. Although I loved their playfulness, having them with the khulis and shrimp didn't make a lot of sense. Not to mention that things were beginning to feel crowded. (maybe not to them yet as they are still all so small) As it was, I was at 103% capacity according to AqAdvisor. Although filtration is 400+%, so water parameters weren't compromised.
It was pretty bittersweet to part with them today
, but they are going to a TPT member with a lovely, densely planted 105g tank where I think they will be very happy.
The good news is that in pulling out the large rock to net the cories today, I discovered that both of the khuli's survived the transition to the new tank and all of my shrimp are still alive.
The bee shrimp have at least doubled in size! I took the opportunity to net and return the three non-Amano shrimps that were erroneously sold as Amanos.
Mr betta also found a new home today. He wasn't aggressive in the least with the fish, however, it was another story with the shrimp. After he tried several times to dig into their cave, I decided it was best for the shrimp and him if he found a new home.
So, my little eden inhabitants are now the original 11 rasbora maculatas, 5 danio erythromicrons, 2 growing juvie bee shrimp plus 5 Amano juvies and 2 khuli loaches. I'm still like to find a fish option for the top level of the tank, but am going to hold off for a while to let everything settle in and hopefully get the hc in fully first.