I went ahead and used airline tubing to remove any left over dead matter from the microsword.
Took the water level way down today:
Allowing the scape to breath in open air for a few minutes (5 or so) every now and again will help prevent algae, since the exposure will help kill any residual algae spores, usually useful for non-serious algae types and purely for preventative measures.
You will notice I switched the diffuser sides.
If you read the flow Charts I posted earlier you will understand the reasoning behind this (if you haven't read it, refer back to page 13 or so, it's somewhere around there).
Basically by manipulating where I put the diffuser in relation to flow I can optimize which plants grow quicker.
You will see me manipulating this variable often and it is why I always recommend against reactors. I want you to start looking at these variables and adopting this habit in your aquarium. Just follow along and watch how I do it and you'll pick it up.
So homework for you tonight is if you've had your diffuser in one spot for a long time, move it to the other side and watch what happens.
And a cool shot to end out the day:
Dosing: Green Brighty Step 1 & Brighty K 1 squirt.
Green Bacter: 6 drops.