LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 168 (permalink) Old 01-24-2012, 03:06 AM
Planted Tank Guru

yes that can work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 168 (permalink) Old 01-24-2012, 03:40 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Can I have DW in it during the dry start (I'm assuming I can).

The Fraternity of Dirt #97Just because its dirt doesn't make it low tech

Emersed tUB clUB #17
post #33 of 168 (permalink) Old 01-24-2012, 04:45 AM
Planted Tank Guru

i dont see why not. you can even tie moss to it during the dry start if you can get the moss easily. if not then just get it with blyxa later if more convenient.
post #34 of 168 (permalink) Old 01-24-2012, 08:07 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

well i can barley afford 1 of the 5 orders i have pending atm ;P so i think waiting on one will work well :P

Emersed tUB clUB #17
post #35 of 168 (permalink) Old 01-25-2012, 03:40 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Here are some plans I have been tinkering with.... I get really bored in school i swear an ape could figure out Algebra 2 :/ Anyway here it is
First pic is my plans for the layout of the bowl (i have labeled the little circles but you can't see them in pics). The other 2 is more or less what I'm going to do once i get to the point where i need to sell bits and pieces and some shrimp I had some really cool RAOK ideasthis is copied word by word)
-(3-5 frags)Frag Friday free frags for anyone (every 1st Friday of every 2 months)
-Micro Mondays free Micro-Organism Bundles (every 2nd monday of every 2 months)
-Shrimp Bowl Sunday! free Plant clippings (every last Sunday of every 2 months)
-Shrimping Saturday free cherries (every 3 weeks).
These are just neat little ideas I cam up with to Contribute back to the awesome people of this forum
Oh and the Very last pic is the layout of what I'll probably do for the Shrimp Bowl ( Trying to be more organized with pets as New Year Resolution). And happy year of the Dragon! better go out and buy d'em chinchillas and dragon fish!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8439.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	40792  

Name:	IMG_8440.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	40793  

Name:	IMG_8441.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	40794  

Name:	IMG_8442.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	40795  

Emersed tUB clUB #17
post #36 of 168 (permalink) Old 01-25-2012, 11:49 PM
Planted Tank Guru

haha, thats funny. the RAOK things sound interesting. also sounds like you have a lot of tanks. i had/am still having the same issue lol. I have my 3 bowls, a 1 gal cube, a 3gal reef, and a 40gal FW community.
post #37 of 168 (permalink) Old 01-25-2012, 11:55 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

I look forward to this... :P good plans
post #38 of 168 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 01:25 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Thanks I really enjoy doing this type of planning In my Aquarium Fish International i was actually re-reading an old issue( I finish them real quickly and have to wait a month for a new one >.<) and saw an article in the way back i never read about Utilitarianism Fishkeeping and had to do with raising and breeding Xiphophorus couchainus(or endangered fish in general this was the one he did). (shown below). I Think when i get the chance I'm gonna do that and then Give them to people who want them on this forum as a RAOK and I'd even pay for shipping! Because all fish deserve a second chance
Attached Images

Emersed tUB clUB #17
post #39 of 168 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 03:25 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newman View Post
haha, thats funny. the RAOK things sound interesting. also sounds like you have a lot of tanks. i had/am still having the same issue lol. I have my 3 bowls, a 1 gal cube, a 3gal reef, and a 40gal FW community.
I got 3 the shrimp bowl, the nano lagoon and a 55gal reef tank

Emersed tUB clUB #17
post #40 of 168 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 03:49 AM
Planted Tank Guru

I am a bit late to the party, but I see newman has gotten here, so you have been getting some good advice. I have seen some of his bowls on here, and they are amazing. He really knows his stuff. As for the black sand, good choice. I am using the same stuff in my 2.5 gallon and the HC loves it. Great for capping soil too (also being done in my 2.5 gallon). As for the bulb, I find I am getting better plant growth out of the 6500-6700K bulbs than anything out there. You can find them at Wal-Mart too in 10watt, 15watt, and 20watt sizes. I would stick with that light setup. Running one of those setups on my 2 gallon hex and don't think I will ever change it. It works too well. For plants, this site is better then them all. Lots of good sellers on here. If you are looking for HC or DHG, shoot me a PM. I may be able to help you out if you can't find anything. I also have a bunch of moss, Christmas, Flame, Peacock, just to name a few. Totally going to follow this to see where it ends up. Good job so far.

The Fraternity of Dirt #39
Just because its dirt doesn't make it low tech

Cable's Madness
Fish tanks are like cups of coffee, one is never enough.
"What the smeggin smeg's he smeggin' done now?!" - Lister
post #41 of 168 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 04:14 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by FisheriesOmen View Post
Thanks I really enjoy doing this type of planning In my Aquarium Fish International i was actually re-reading an old issue( I finish them real quickly and have to wait a month for a new one >.<) and saw an article in the way back i never read about Utilitarianism Fishkeeping and had to do with raising and breeding Xiphophorus couchainus(or endangered fish in general this was the one he did). (shown below). I Think when i get the chance I'm gonna do that and then Give them to people who want them on this forum as a RAOK and I'd even pay for shipping! Because all fish deserve a second chance
It looks like a guppy lol! I need to see a male. Believe it or not, there are NO PICTURES on google images and only 2 or 3 search results... 0.o that is scary. I think RAOK's are awesome. Why throw away/sell to a pet store when you can share the love to caring members. Lol :P that's how I think of it.
post #42 of 168 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 12:20 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy69846 View Post
I am a bit late to the party, but I see newman has gotten here, so you have been getting some good advice. I have seen some of his bowls on here, and they are amazing. He really knows his stuff. As for the black sand, good choice. I am using the same stuff in my 2.5 gallon and the HC loves it. Great for capping soil too (also being done in my 2.5 gallon). As for the bulb, I find I am getting better plant growth out of the 6500-6700K bulbs than anything out there. You can find them at Wal-Mart too in 10watt, 15watt, and 20watt sizes. I would stick with that light setup. Running one of those setups on my 2 gallon hex and don't think I will ever change it. It works too well. For plants, this site is better then them all. Lots of good sellers on here. If you are looking for HC or DHG, shoot me a PM. I may be able to help you out if you can't find anything. I also have a bunch of moss, Christmas, Flame, Peacock, just to name a few. Totally going to follow this to see where it ends up. Good job so far.
Thanks! Glad to know that my risks paid off .(lighting and the top soil). Oh and pm'd finally found someone with DHG

Emersed tUB clUB #17
post #43 of 168 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 12:23 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotponys View Post
It looks like a guppy lol! I need to see a male. Believe it or not, there are NO PICTURES on google images and only 2 or 3 search results... 0.o that is scary. I think RAOK's are awesome. Why throw away/sell to a pet store when you can share the love to caring members. Lol :P that's how I think of it.
Ya that fish is extremely rare, extinct in the wild and nearly impossible to find in the market. I think the common name is: Monterrey Molly

Emersed tUB clUB #17
post #44 of 168 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 12:28 PM
Wannabe Guru

I love watching these things develop.
Wish mine would take off already.
Can;t wait to see this thing planted
post #45 of 168 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 12:38 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldachleich View Post
I love watching these things develop.
Wish mine would take off already.
Can;t wait to see this thing planted
You and me both!

Emersed tUB clUB #17

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode