Will diffuser work on Flora? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-30-2011, 10:55 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Will diffuser work on Flora?

I just ordered a fluval flora from amazon and did a little looking around at reviews on youtube and saw that the diffuser on this tank wasn't very good. So I ordered a glass diffuser/bubble counter combo. Just a little bit ago I watched another review only to find out the diffuser is made specificaly for this type of CO2 system ie: you fill up the diffuser then turn the CO2 off. is there any way to use a real diffuser and have a constant stream of CO2 with this kit?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-30-2011, 11:42 PM
Algae Grower

The flora does not come with a regulator and is meant to fill the chambers on the inc. diffuser and be shut off. In order to use a different diffuser and a steady stream of CO2 you'll need to get a regulator set up with a larger CO2 tank and a bubble counter. Fluval makes one for paint ball gun CO2 cans I believe.

GLA has a nice little nano co2 kit as well as a few other cheaper kits.
http://greenleafaquariums.com/comple...m-premium.html
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-31-2011, 01:32 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

ok thanks, thats kind of a let down but this kit is my way of having one tank thats really nice and I can tend to. I can't afford to do a complete planted nano with all the nice stuff (pressurized co2, led etc) so this kit will tie me over until the day comes that I can afford one. Maybe I'll buy pieces here and there for this tank until I've got another one put together.

I saw on youtube that some guy bought a $30 regulator and it fits onto a $20 refillable CO2 bottle from wal-mart. If I can find that I may go that route in a while.

Thanks for the response
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-21-2012, 01:32 PM
Algae Grower

thats exactly the same setup i have. there is a post on here if you would do a search for "paintball co2" it shows you what each piece would cost and how to safely assemble it.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-21-2012, 04:39 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrie View Post
ok thanks, thats kind of a let down but this kit is my way of having one tank thats really nice and I can tend to. I can't afford to do a complete planted nano with all the nice stuff (pressurized co2, led etc) so this kit will tie me over until the day comes that I can afford one. Maybe I'll buy pieces here and there for this tank until I've got another one put together.

I saw on youtube that some guy bought a $30 regulator and it fits onto a $20 refillable CO2 bottle from wal-mart. If I can find that I may go that route in a while.

Thanks for the response
You can get cheap, good working condition regulators on eBay or from sellers on here on the cheap all the time. I've got my eye on a few auctions right now. If you choose to go paintball CO2, please invest in a regulator and an adapter if required. Using high-pressure gas with nothing more than an on/off valve with a cheap needle valve (you'll see those setups for sale on here too) is hazardous.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 12:33 PM
Algae Grower

There is a member here named jaggedfury look up his setup and pics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode