The Planted Tank Forum banner

3 Fluval Edge shop displays

44K views 41 replies 27 participants last post by  TLE041 
#1 · (Edited)
We just got the new fluval edge 2 were i work. its got twice the volume as the old one with the same footprint which makes it a bit difficult to scape. it also has LED lights which seem a lot better than the halogens, but i still wouldn't say it's a high light tank.

i would have liked to create more height with the wood but i didn't have much time to play with hardscape. we just stocked up on goldvine so i used it here to hopefuly boost goldvine sales. i went through heaps of pieces trying to find ones that would fit into the hole at the top of the tank. a guy brought in some mystery moss into store the other day so i used that on the base of the wood and on some rocks around the front. the plants behind the moss are crypt sp, in the middle behind the wood is crypt retrospiralis and a species of dwarf val.

2 small bits of goldvine

planted

filled

the next day

See less See more
#34 ·
The old scape was sold unfortunatly, thats one of the drawbacks when you aquascape in an aquarium store... the helferii grew well under the stock LEDs. it took some time for the plant to adjust so some of the older leaves got some algae, but after trimming away those leaves the new growth was nice and healthy! the crypts, moss and anubias grew fine as well as expected.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.