Bosque de cumbre (Hilltop forrest) Marimo's ADA Hakkai stone layout - Page 3 - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-11-2011, 01:32 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuworrall View Post
very nice! first time I've seen these stones used in a nano so looking forward to seeing it planted
Thank you. I already did the first trimming and a little re-planting I added some snowball shrimp and today some micro rasbora kubotai will be added.

ADA 120P x2 Iwagumi ADA 75P, 60Px3, 30Cx3 ADA Mini S solar (LED) Mini M solar Do!aqua Mini M

http://socalaquascapers.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-11-2011, 01:48 AM
Honeycomb Master

Have you noticed any morphing with the Rotala 'butterfly'? It's not known to be a stable cultivar and i didn't think that an ADA solar fixture would provide enough light to prevent it from changing. It looks like its doing great so far though.

Nice nano tank! I love the hakkai stone. Where did you get it?

post #33 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-11-2011, 02:11 AM
Wannabe Guru

You should consider replacing that CO2 diffuser with an in-line one. The one you have is too prominent in the tank.

I use this one on my Mini-M/2211 (but I got it from ebay for half the price). It also performs much better than a glass diffuser.

Tony

My 60P journal
and my Edge journal
post #34 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-11-2011, 03:39 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARIMOBALL View Post
... Im glad I picked this up becuase according to Toru this will be the only time it will be available as it is protected by the Japanese government and collecting it is forebidden.
Can you explain the sugnificence of these stones? Are they from some sacred mountain?
post #35 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-11-2011, 03:51 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzFishKid View Post
Have you noticed any morphing with the Rotala 'butterfly'? It's not known to be a stable cultivar and i didn't think that an ADA solar fixture would provide enough light to prevent it from changing. It looks like its doing great so far though.
Yes it is known to morph and change, but this strain dosen't seem to do that. It does require straight RO water, ADA step 1 , ADA brighty K, and green gain. The light is 27 watts on a 5.5 gallon, its suffient. I also have the butterfly growing in the 120P with RO and metal halide, just incase.

Nice nano tank! I love the hakkai stone. Where did you get it?
Yes it is known to morph and change, but this strain dosen't seem to do that. It does require straight RO water, ADA step 1 , ADA brighty K, and green gain. The light is 27 watts on a 5.5 gallon, its suffient. I also have the butterfly growing in the 120P with RO and metal halide, just incase. The Hakkai stone comes from AFA via Nature Aquarium in Santa Monica CA. Thanks for the complement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLE041 View Post
You should consider replacing that CO2 diffuser with an in-line one. The one you have is too prominent in the tank.

I use this one on my Mini-M/2211 (but I got it from ebay for half the price). It also performs much better than a glass diffuser.
Thank you for the link. Once the 2211 is set up ill look into it. For the moment I have an AZOO mini HOB which should be suffient with a low bioload that I plan to keep and weekly water changes.

ADA 120P x2 Iwagumi ADA 75P, 60Px3, 30Cx3 ADA Mini S solar (LED) Mini M solar Do!aqua Mini M

post #36 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-11-2011, 04:52 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogFish View Post
Can you explain the sugnificence of these stones? Are they from some sacred mountain?
I think they are "endangered" so they don't want any more taken.
post #37 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-11-2011, 05:13 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogFish View Post
Not sacred but extremely rare, even in Japan, and foremost beautiful. They come Hakkai mountain in Niigata Japan near the ADA headquarter/gallery

post #38 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-04-2012, 03:39 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

The tank now has 6 microrasbora kubotai, 5 golden bee shrimp and CBS CRS.

I have not run CO2 in this tank for two weeks and everything is fine with the exception of the rotala butterfly. Ill get the CO2 going and hopefully add a new eheim 2232 just need to go buy the lily pipes.

post #39 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-06-2012, 07:46 AM
SCAPEr

post #40 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-25-2012, 06:51 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

This is do for an update. The first pic is from a couple months back I added Microrasbora kubotai and CBS/CRS/Golden Bee mix. The butterfly was not doing so hot.

This is the current state before I trim the rotala green and belem. Still have not added a canister with lilly pipes. removed the fish becuase there are crystal babies in there. Little maintenace. It only has a small red sea hob filter and the ADA CO2 system. Top offs and water changes here and there. I do dose ADA step 1 ADA brighty, ADA green gain and fluval shrimp mineral supliment, because I use pure RO water. I dose once a week. PH is 6.4 temp 70F TDS 170 pmm. Do you see any crystal babies in the pics?

post #41 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-26-2012, 03:52 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

i really like that stone!
post #42 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-03-2012, 07:55 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADAtank View Post
i really like that stone!
Thanks I have CBS and CRS babies that hatch in the tank now.

post #43 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-04-2012, 06:28 AM
Algae Grower

Tank looks awesome dude!
post #44 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-04-2012, 03:02 PM
Prodigious Plant Pundit

Nice shrimp. I, for one, appreciate goldens!

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." -- Steve Jobs
post #45 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-05-2012, 07:50 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geniusdudekiran View Post
Nice shrimp. I, for one, appreciate goldens!
Yes love the golden and CBS.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode