The Planted Tank Forum banner

SuperWen's Pico Tank 162 ml

6K views 32 replies 20 participants last post by  crazydog64 
#1 ·
this is my new tank, appx 6.5x5x5 cm.

plants: eleocharis acicularis, fissiden US, thai fissiden, mini pellia

initial setup:

other photos:

Mayday.. mayday..... Amano attack.....!!!!

See less See more
#5 ·
it is.. its easier to maintenance, no extra filter, lamps, waterchange, fert, etc.

how hard was it to plant all of that?!
just need tiny tweezer and patience :D

very original! Now you just need to scale it up...put a rimless 5 gallon in a 125 :hihi:
hahahaha

#12 ·
Fts! Fts! Fts!

#17 ·
not many changes since initial, because those mosses are pretty slow grower. But hairgrass runner growing crazy.. its gonna be hard homework to prune it :D

Man you are really crafty.
thanks bro :)

Love your tanks SuperWen. Good laughs too... Amano attack, hah
hahaaha :D

What kind of fish is the tetra looking thing with just a blue stripe?
Hemmigramus rodweyi a.k.a golden tetra

Looks like gold tetra's to me.
thanks for answering bro :cool:

#16 ·
Looks like gold tetra's to me.

#20 ·
I just ran into this thread.. nice tank as always. I was going to mention keeping the sand clean will be a pain but you seem to have run into that situation already bro.

I like how you use a giant Otocat to keep the walls in your place clean. Now if it cleans the floor then I need to buy one too and replace my vacuum!!

#32 ·
It does look nice and just a Q-Tip needed to do tank maintenance, the really tight macro makes the Fissidens look like a whole different plant almost like a stand alone stem.
This is one of my all time favorite "tanks" on the forum. The pico within the aquarium having amano shrimp clean it is awesome.

-Andrew
thanks bro :)

Love this tiny tank in a tank!

...I think its a green rasbora?
no.. that is golden tetra (Hemmigramus rodweyi)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.