Help! Tank advice, please! JBJ, Aquacube, Eclipse..
Thanks for your time in advance. I posted a thread a while ago looking for a cheap alternative to expensive acrylic tanks for use as a nano. Well, that fizzeled but luckily my girlfriend wants to buy me a tank for a late Christmans present. But what to get?
Here are my criteria:
1. Cube or hex. Just love 'em.
2. Capacity over 7 gallons. Even up to the Nanocube 24 would be fun.
3. Price under $160. Preferably under $100 though...
1. Viewable from all sides, although a JBJ Nanocube would probably be fine
2. Built-in filtration and lighting would be nice for a small, compact package.
3. Overall, an easy to maintain system is better as I have limited free time at this point. Don't worry, I know 'easy' is a relative term here.
1. Low tech, likely no heat.
2. Plants, fish (likely Whiteclouds- love 'em), and (hopefully) invertabrates.
3. This will be a decorative piece, so I'm going to try to limit amount of 'stuff' attached via cord or hose. I also need it somewhat mobile as I'm in school and moving is a fact of life.
I would love to hear what people think about the options that are out there: JBJ, AquaCube, Eclipse, Quantum Aquarium (on Drs. Foster and Smith's site), GlassCages acrylic cubes, etc...
Thanks for all the help.