The Planted Tank Forum banner

60cm iwagumi scape - 3rd Place 2011 AGA

67K views 186 replies 96 participants last post by  merckey 
#1 · (Edited)
i got my new tank today from Coburg aquarium a LFS in outer suburbs of Melbourne, Australia. it is a 60x30x36cm (same dimensions as a 60p i believe) rimless tank with beveled and polished starphire glass. silicon is minimal simmilar to ADA. The brand is Yi Ding, i've never heard of them till now but its the nicest tank i've ever had.

equipment list:
64l tank
eheim 2213 with ebay lily pipes
x2 24w t5ho or 2 10w LEDs
200w Hydor ETH inline heater
pressurized co2 with glass nano diffuser, bubble counter etc

no solid plans for scape at the moment but i know i will be using seiryu stone. same deal with fauna, at the moment i have some neons, harlequin rasboras, ember tetras, rocket pencilfish, endlers and threadfins. what fish i use will ultimately depend on the scape but i'm leaning towards ember tetras and pencilfish. i'll probably throw some shrimp in there too.

i'm still a noob when it comes to ferts so i'll be doing some research while i'm supposed to be studying for exams...

yes that is hitler on my computer screen, i was watching a documentary. i'm not sure how i feel about the lid, i'll probably leave it off unless i get jumpers. i'm not a fan of the plastic clips.

See less See more
#4 ·
I don't think this qualifies as a nano. Nanos are under 10 gallons as far as I know.
Either way that tank looks fantastic. I would love one like that, since I don't have anywhere to put a big one at the moment.

#8 ·
we don't get really get ADA tanks here in Australia, those who have them here usually bought them from overseas. There is a growing market for them but ADA is just not here. CADE is a similar brand (google them) that has poped up here but they are WAY too expensive for me. a 60x45x45cm tank (which is the size most simmilar to mine) with cabinet is about $1100.

#9 ·
YiDing is an Chinese brand which owned by Taiwanese. From what I have heard, they are the OEM of ADA. Unlike most of Chinses brands, they do not take orders for custom sizes, nor they sell large tanks on the market with their own name.

CADE has their own brand, biggest and most overpriced brand in China, kinda like ADA. They make the best aluminum alloy cabinet I have ever seen. The price for one set of 60cm tank + cabinet is only $191 USD in their store. unfortunately, they do not ship worldwide, perhaps you can find a way to ship derictly from China.

Attachments

#16 ·
i got my new tank today from Coburg aquarium a LFS in outer suburbs of Melbourne, Australia. it is a 60x30x36cm (same dimensions as a 60p i believe) rimless tank with beveled and polished starphire glass. silicon is minimal simmilar to ADA. The brand is Yi Ding, i've never heard of them till now but its the nicest tank i've ever had.

equipment list:
64l tank
eheim 2213 with ebay lily pipes
x2 24w t5ho or 2 10w LEDs
200w Hydor ETH inline heater
pressurized co2 with glass nano diffuser, bubble counter etc

no solid plans for scape at the moment but i know i will be using seiryu stone. same deal with fauna, at the moment i have some neons, harlequin rasboras, ember tetras, rocket pencilfish, endlers and threadfins. what fish i use will ultimately depend on the scape but i'm leaning towards ember tetras and pencilfish. i'll probably throw some shrimp in there too.

i'm still a noob when it comes to ferts so i'll be doing some research while i'm supposed to be studying for exams...
Get a hold of Dave Wilson in Darwin(ferts and native plants), and the clubs in the East. Up Aqua makes a nice version of ADA aqua soil like, but rolls some activated carbon dust so it's a real nice product. Cheaper in Oz than ADA.

Pencils will jump out BTW.
A 2215 or 2217 would be a better choice for the filter.

I use a Rena 3 on my 60cm same sized tank, which is about 13000 l/h

#18 ·
tom - noted about the pencilfish. i've seen people using up aqua soil, it seems like a good product and doesn't yellow the water like ADA. however i'll be using old substrate from another tank. i'll keep up aqua in mind for my next tank though. lol 13000 lph, i'm guessing you mean 1300lph, i would like a more powerful filter but i already have the 2213 and the lily pipes from my old tank so i'll be sticking with it. a 2213 on 60cm tank still does the job in my experience

i checked out daves site and he supplies KH2PO4 and K2SO4 but no NO3 (im trying your EI method). i've been looking around and it seems like a hard chemical to get a hold of being a volatile substance. any idea of where i can get some in Aus?

volatile - the lid leaves space all along the back, about an inch or 2 for filters. but i'm not going to use the lid anyway unless i go on holiday or something and i want to prevent some evaporation.

#19 ·
i checked out daves site and he supplies KH2PO4 and K2SO4 but no NO3 (im trying your EI method). i've been looking around and it seems like a hard chemical to get a hold of being a volatile substance. any idea of where i can get some in Aus?
You'll need to use either AusChems or eBay for KNO3, I prefer eBay as it works out at roughly half the price. There are a couple of sellers and mine came from Brisbane I think.

Dave also sells a Micro mix, which for all intents and purposes is identical to CSM+B

#28 ·
Much better ... the one before was awesome but this is much better! I love that bottom right side. It reminds me of a cave on a beach.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.