The Planted Tank Forum banner

Show me your Spec!

186K views 511 replies 179 participants last post by  RWaters 
#1 ·
Just got mine put together, not ready for a pic quite yet, what for the cloudyness..

I'll show you mine if you show me your Fluval Spec. :]

#9 ·
esworp - how's yours coming along? Love that you have co2 in it! what's the "grass" that you have in it? Is it filling in nicely?!
It is micro chain sword, according to the little tab that I threw away a million years ago. :] It propagates really well in straight lines, so it will cover ground fast but thin - once the runners start criss-crossing each other, you get a good lawn.

Honestly, I'm struggling with green spot algae. I had to travel for a week: turned my co2 down and made for a shorter light interval - but still have a dusting of green. :/

#8 ·
Uuhh - I was so sad to see that! I actually fastened mine (the nightstand) to the wall after I saw that. No kids running around but I am a clutz and murphy seems to visit me fairly often. Would love to see an update when you get a chance.

They sure are tiny little things, that's for sure but I've found it nice to watch it at night - tiny, peaceful and self contained.

Update us when you can!

Quick question - did you have to cover the intake slots on yours? My 3 shrimp and few snails kept ending up in the back - I swapped white foam for black foam now and it looks a bit better but the surface scum still hangs out in the front area with the foam covering it... Do you have that issue?

#10 ·
Quick question - did you have to cover the intake slots on yours? My 3 shrimp and few snails kept ending up in the back - I swapped white foam for black foam now and it looks a bit better but the surface scum still hangs out in the front area with the foam covering it... Do you have that issue?
I have a few fry in mine:

If you keep the water level low, the exposed height of the slots prevent my baby mollies and skirt tetras from getting sponged. Not that they cared if they end up on the sponge side.. they seem to enjoy picking at it.

#15 ·
great job everyone! i just got a spec a couple weeks ago.....and have been trying to decide which kind of shrimp to put in it. i think i'm going with a lower grade CRS....as i've not kept them before (other kinds of shrimp though). i'll have to get mine all nice and pretty, then take a pic :D

#23 ·
New user here. Here's my Spec that I keep on my desk at work. I have a feeling some of the plants aren't going to like the stock lighting, but the moss on the driftwood is doing great. I just pulled some extra plants from my home tank and setup this tank at work. Its small, looks good, and easy to take care of. Some CRS will go into the tank at a later date.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.