I have been away from the hobby for a while and I am just just jumping back in, with my Fluval Edge. I am trying to decide what the best way to upgrade the lighting.
My goals are:
- best possible lighting coverage without altering the external appearance
- The right light for the widest variety of plants including some high ones if I choose
- a mod that does not include significant amount of soldering.....but it does not need to be an easy mod.
I plan to remove the current swing arm light and mount the new fixture under the current hood/cover. So far I have come up with the two ideas:
1. Mount 5-6 MR11 leds in the hood like the ones linked below, Will these work the best? or are there better ones?
2. retrofit two 9 watt pc's like the ones below in the hood.
I have the power supply for the leds and the ballast for the pc's. Cost is not really the issue, I want the right solution that gives the best coverage and best light for plant growth.
What lighting mod would you put in your Edge?
Thanks in advance for the replies!