The Planted Tank Forum banner

Tetra 1.8g waterfall globe

6K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  Newman 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I wouldn't mind a little desktop like this...planted with a couple of shrimp wandering around. :) I just wonder about the lighting.

Of course, I might never get any work done. LOL I showed my husband he and pointed out just the right spot to put it. :D

#11 ·
Very cool little tank! I bet you could grow some anubias / java ferns / moss in there. LEDs pack a lot more power per watt than other bulbs (that's the whole point, so they're low energy) But since you can basically grow those with ambient light, i bet it'd be ok even if they're not very powerful! :hihi: You could always supplement the lighting with a desk lamp too if you needed to. It's just a cool looking little tank!

#13 ·
Anyone have any feedback yet? I have been eyeing it at my LFS.

I wonder if the leds are replaceable for blue and red ones? There is also mention of an optional heater add on by an amazon reviewer.

#14 ·
Stupid petco releases this after i start my shrimp bowl? >=(
The cost of this bowl is also the same as the overall cost of my bowl setup. This is what a good shrimp bowl should look like. the thing even has a filter waterfall for water circulation which mine does not have. that is good.

Definitely not good for a betta or any real fish, but you could easily put a pair of shrimp in it like i did and watch them populate it (then take some babies out of course)

Like mentioned, even if the LEDs are weak, they can grow stuff like moss, and if more light is needed a simple desk lamp is the thing to use.

Overall i think this is a good product because a planted bowl requires minimal equipment anyways.

As far as the LEDs go, if the stock is white, then thats all you get unless you start building your own heatsink and mounting the blue and reds on there. why do you want it to look like a disco tank lol? the blue and red spectrums can possibly be in the stock LEDs but are also present in a table lamp's daylight CFL bulb which can be used to supplement. hen the lamp can be moved away for times when you want to display the tank with only the stock equipment. lets face it a desk lamp over this thing would look silly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.