Clare's 4 Gal Nano Tank (Lots of Pics) - Page 5 - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 66 (permalink) Old 09-06-2010, 11:50 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clare12345 View Post
Well I have been checking out the UG every day. The temperatures are back to normal, and at 80 or below. From farther away the tank looks good, and the UG looks green. The ug also seems to be growing somewhat. It is no longer yellow, but in parts barely green. I have been using Excel and I changed the tank a tiny bit so it gets less CO2. The spraybar was pointed at the CO2 diffuser thingie and was causing the bubbles to stay in longer, which made my 1 fish gasp.

So, the UG in some spots is starting to look old like its almost decomposing. What could this be from? The heat? Did I just kill it? It's not yellowing of age, its green and starting to look a little like decomposing plant leaves that are green. I have been using all the fertilizers, potassium, nitrate, and phosphorous one day and then iron and micros the next. What should I do? I will update with pics later. Some parts of the UG look like they're trying to grow healthy. <- Confused.
It still may be transforming, as long as roots are growing you should be in good shape.
The thing is I aint sure! lol I have yet to grow it from emersed to in tank
I mean it's been in for a while now, it's a slow grower to begin with!
Just keep up with everything, you are doing a good job!

EHEIM Pimp Club Member #250 2217,2026,2236
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 66 (permalink) Old 09-18-2010, 02:04 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Update:
From this:
To this:

It has been about a week since I've done this transformation. It is slightly more grown in now and looks good. What do you all think? I now have the UG growing on the sides of the tank filling in very nicely, and I got some more HC for the front. The stem plants are growing in the back. I somehow have a nice bit of Riccia growing on the filter. I'll see how much it fills in. Plants are doing well with the DIY CO2 and pearl a little bit almost daily. The algae has subsided a lot.

I got a free snail from the LFS with a plant: What kind is it?

And some not-so-red cherries, because I was going for males... think I have 1 male now to 10 females....

And my LFS had these really cool rocks. What kind are they? Are they tank safe?

Will update with pics very soon if possible. Been very busy with school.
post #63 of 66 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010, 02:30 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Looking good! The UG is holding up well I like what you have done with the tank.

Ps looks like a plain old pond snail

post #64 of 66 (permalink) Old 09-21-2010, 12:45 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Tank looks great, subscribed! I have to ask (since I'm right next door in Jefferson) what LFS do you go to? Micro rasboras, nice plants, and cool stone at one place, I need to go.
post #65 of 66 (permalink) Old 09-21-2010, 01:13 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Thanks monkeyfish. I actually go to 2. I've been going to Absolutely Fish in Clifton. They were the ones with the microrasboras, but I bought the last two and they haven't had any since. They said they should get some eventually though. They do have nice plants. Very nice plants. Good quality everything and high prices. The place I got the rocks at is Fishtown USA on rt 17 in Ramsey. They are a little more up north, but they have much better prices and good quality stock. They are really getting a better selection of plants, and beautiful rocks and other things. I advise visiting both places. I've never seen any rocks at Absolutely Fish.
Right now I'm planning on buying some microrasboras online if I can't find any in store. And neither place has red root floaters either, as far as I can tell (which I also am planning).
post #66 of 66 (permalink) Old 10-11-2010, 02:12 AM
Planted Tank Guru

How's this lil tank doin?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode