Well I decided against a small CO2 system. I am planning on now buying the parts separately for a bigger one, after reading DarkBlade's tutorial.
It has been a week since I added the aquasoil and the UG, and things are starting to look better. I just started with fertilizers a few days ago so things are only starting to look better. It's a huge difference with the fertilizers. I am now using seachem flourish nitrogen, iron, potassium, trace, and (temporarily) fleet (*) phosphorus. And I got my camera working! Although for the FTS my webcam did a better job.
This is the UG. It was yellowing, yellowing, yellowing. When I added the fertilizers it really started growing taller, but it was still yellow, and then I got the phosphorus and now it's actually very light green. But still not looking so good. It is growing taller by the hour (just got the phosphorus last night
) and not greener. But I guess we'll see what happens. I really like it. Even if it's half decomposed.
Still using the DIY CO2, plants that I trim pearl where I cut them but that's all. There is a tinnnny bit of HC on the bottom left. I hope it starts growing. Some of it looks dead, but a few pieces look healthy.
Let me know what you think.