The Planted Tank Forum banner

Tips to plant carpet plant.

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Krishna Suresh 
#1 ·
Hi. I have a nano aquarium with 20L volume. I got a really considerable bunch of Monte Carlo. Since I didn't have forceps I had to plant them with my fingers. Have attached a photo here.

Would you guys think that its planted fine, by the look of things? I have lightly just planted and the leaves stick out too. Any changes to be made. ? Or leave it as it is?

Sent from my Moto G 2014 using Tapatalk

See less See more
#11 ·
The key to buying cheap aquarium tweezers online is to leave out the search term "aquarium". That pretty much always adds a premium to anything, including foam, semi-aquatic plants, pumps, lights, etc.

At least that used to be the case. Just looked on amazon: aquascaping tools have come way down recently! You've got no excuse: get some forceps!

As for carpeting, I find most plants learn to keep their heads down to the substrate if you brutally chop at them with scissors. Same for mosses. Monte carlo also looks good crawling on the ground as a big bushy, jungly carpet, so you might also decide to just let it go. How old is this tank?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.