The Planted Tank Forum banner

Nano Rock Garden [1g]

10K views 32 replies 17 participants last post by  bereninga 
#1 · (Edited)
New nano! :) Tank dimensions are 20x15x15cm or 8x6x6" ~ 1 gallon. Light is Chihiros Wabi kusa LED, currently on half power and 7h photoperiod. Pressurised CO2 @ 1 bubble every 2 sec. Filter is DIY.
Rocks are Seiryu, substrate Aquasoil Amazonia (Powder and regular). Plants that are used: Hemianthus sp. 'Amano pearl grass', Riccardia chamedryfolia and Anubias sp. 'Pangolino'.

Day 1:

See less See more
#2 ·
What does it mean when you see the thread title and the author and you go... "uhh, another cool scape" before you see any image ?

Looks great now, in 3 weeks it will be all filled in. Maybe move a little the left front rock and the other rock on the right (just under the diffuser) because they are too near the glas.

Why did you use so much substrate (relatively) ? Wanted to change the ratio ?

#3 ·
What does it mean when you see the thread title and the author and you go... "uhh, another cool scape" before you see any image ?
I'm not seeing that. Maybe he edited?

Looks great now, in 3 weeks it will be all filled in. Maybe move a little the left front rock and the other rock on the right (just under the diffuser) because they are too near the glas.

Why did you use so much substrate (relatively) ? Wanted to change the ratio ?
Agreed it will probably be done quickly, but then again little scapes are good for high turnover. Yes the substrate looks high also this is a good example of where a substrate leveler comes in handy.

#13 ·
Thanks all! :)

I think is is to early for them. :do not evoke them: >:)
Nice tank! I really like the rocks & your plant choices. Would you mind telling me more about your DIY filter. As a lover of nano/pico tanks I'm on the lookout for unobtrusive filtering methods.
That's DIY, here is tutorial how it was made: DIY - Nano canister filter ~ Bolbi Aquarium

#26 ·
Is there any reason to keep the filter intake in the front like that? Would it hurt to put it in the back? Not critique: asking for myself.
Yes, it is on purpose like that - Easier to handle and maintenance. If it is on the back corner, small leaf Hemianthus will clog the intake.

Final photos!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.