Feedback on tank - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-19-2016, 05:48 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Feedback on tank

I'd appreciate some constructive feedback on my tank! It's still definitely a work in progress. Everything was pretty much planted today except for the Anubias and the teeny tiny crypt. Oh and the camboba and Frogbit.

I added bacopa Caroliniana and dwarf sag. Another plantlette of crypt and Anubias will be planted tonight once I have time to deal with that awful mineral wool junk.

Right now I've got some taller dwarf sag in the background. Id like to allow it to grow tall back there as a background plant.
To the left of that is my tiny crypt undulata.
The right corner has some camboba.
The left corner is bacopa.
Then obviously the foreground is trimmed dwarf sag and Anubias. A few plantlettes of crypt are in front of the rock towards the left.

I'm not sure if I should add the crypt I've got in today to the left behind the bacopa (moving the bacopa forward a bit to give some room for the crypt to grow out) or if I should add it to the front of the rock.

I'd appreciate any advice this is my very first planted aquarium and I'm loving the experience so far!

Edit: the rock is a place saver until I can find some driftwood that's small enough and or some rocks that I like. And to give the Betta something to hide behind if he wanrs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“I am and always will be the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes and the dreamer of improbable dreams.” — The Doctor, Season 1, Episode 213. Optimist
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-20-2016, 01:47 AM
Algae Grower

Hello! and Welcome!

What would you like to achieve! If you just started id recommend going with low tech until your lean enough. I could provide you a list of easy plants to go on. My self i enjoy a lot anubias and mosses. You can take a look a my setup to give you an idea of what you can achieve with minimal care.

Nano Fluval spec tanks low tech

Last edited by blesser13; 05-20-2016 at 01:48 AM. Reason: adding link
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-20-2016, 01:52 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by blesser13 View Post
Hello! and Welcome!

What would you like to achieve! If you just started id recommend going with low tech until your lean enough. I could provide you a list of easy plants to go on. My self i enjoy a lot anubias and mosses. You can take a look a my setup to give you an idea of what you can achieve with minimal care.

Nano Fluval spec tanks low tech

Hi! Thanks for the reply I actually remodeled tonight and I'm really happy with it this time. I'm wanting to go for more of a heavily planted, foresty look. Once the crypts grow out i think it'll be even better. Opinion?

Freebie of my guy being a dork lol

“I am and always will be the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes and the dreamer of improbable dreams.” — The Doctor, Season 1, Episode 213. Optimist
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-20-2016, 01:57 AM
Algae Grower

Just need to be patient, it will take several weeks before having a result. Are you planning on adding new plants?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-20-2016, 01:58 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Just need to be patient, it will take several weeks before having a result. Are you planning on adding new plants?

I think I'm done for now. Provided that the crypts don't implode beyond hope lol

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-20-2016, 02:05 AM
Algae Grower

Your tank look great! Just need to wait and see what happen! =)
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-20-2016, 02:19 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Your tank look great! Just need to wait and see what happen! =)

Thanks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode