The Planted Tank Forum banner

sparkling gouramis

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Qckwzrd 
#1 ·
Hi everyone!
Last week I bought 6 sparkling gouramis and 9 glow light tetra for my 30 gallon cube. Everyone has settled in fine everyone is eating and seem healthy and happy. I'm going sat to buy a few more small fish to add to the tank so lastnight I was doing some research on what would be good tank mates for the fish I have now. I ran across an article saying sparkling gourami and glow light tetra shouldn't be put together? Should I remove the tetra and put them in my 40 gallon?
Thanks
Patrick

#2 ·
I dont think that is an issue, considering tank is 30 gal and Gouramis are only 6 in there. I been meaning to get a dozen or so of those Gouramis as well...Where did you buy them from? Pacific??

#3 ·
Its a funny thing establishing a community where species hierarchy comes into play.

I find my dwarf gourami's chase my white clouds but they never catch any yet i do see where if they harass a fish to injury, it could get nasty pretty quickly.

Pacific sells them for $2.50 ea

#6 ·
I purchased three of these last weekend and put them in a container with some leaf litter. They seem to love darting from under the leaves and love grindal worms. I may purchase more and try to breed them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.