The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - 29g "Jagged Peaks"
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 12:41 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed
29g "Jagged Peaks"

Hi, everyone. once again i have succumb to my fish tank addiction and gotten another tank. ive been planning this 29g tank for some time now and even trekked out to find the hard scape at a local beach before i even got the tank. but in the end i got this lovly tank from Han(H4n) and went at it right away. took a lot of cleaning but spruced it back up to its former glory. as of right now i have a HOB filter from one of my old tanks going, just to start the cycling process along. still trying to figure out the plant layout that i want to put in this tank but it will be started very very soon. As i want a very simplistic tank layout.

here is the start of the tank while setting it up last night!

the stand i made with 4x4s and 2x4s with a walnut stain finish using roofing brackets.

_DSC6400 by marioman72, on Flickr

_DSC6389 by marioman72, on Flickr

started with play sand and root tabs

_DSC6388 by marioman72, on Flickr

here are some of the rocks that i collected form the local beach. in addition to the many that are all ready in the tank. i believe its granite witch there is a tun of locally in New England.

_DSC6390 by marioman72, on Flickr

after an hour or so of tampering with the rock placement, and a little help from some friends lifting the rocks to me, i came up with this placement. took a tun of tweaking to get it to this stage, im quite happy with the layout.

_DSC6395 by marioman72, on Flickr

_DSC6397 by marioman72, on Flickr

started filling it, in total took about 45min :/

_DSC6398 by marioman72, on Flickr

_DSC6399 by marioman72, on Flickr

All in all im very happy with the hard scape. cant wait to put plants into this tank. so far im thinking i want DHG, maybe try my hand at some UG for the foreground. but not sure yet on a mid and background plants. we will see what happens this week!
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome