I had no idea why I got all the algae, so I decided to clean the filter. The filter media turned the water pitch black and I almost puked
. I took out half the carbon and added in one whole bag of Ehfisubstrate or whatever you want call it. Hopefully this would solve a big part of the problem *fingers crossed*.
I also think I found another for the algae: CO2. When I added the fish I forgot to turn the CO2 back up after they got acclimated
Meanwhile here are some pics of the anubias flower which I hope gets to seed.
I was a bit late on the emersed flower picture, it dried up
. I used Q-tips to attempt to pollinate, will think of a method to capture the seeds if there is any.