The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Scott's 40 breeder Journal- Couple New Pics!!
View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 12-28-2012, 03:31 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member
Originally Posted by Drewsplantednutz View Post
Nice I just grabbed a 40g yesterday. You cant go wrong with that price. I almost want to get two. Ill be keeping up with your build as I am taking my time and building a nice stand for mine. My first carpentry project.
Thanks for showing interest! When you make a journal/build thread, let me know! I'll follow along too. Could be a little while before I start the stand... I want that to be my last thing I do before filling, mostly because I want as many of the components that will be going IN the stand as possible, so I can customize the stand appropriately to suit my needs.

I'm thinking of a simple 1x4 frame, screws and glue, get it together, then add a 1/4" or 1/2" hardwood plywood skin over it, I want to have 2 doors in front, and a side access door on each side, to allow entry from any angle. But doing this poses certain challenges: where to attach all my electrical equipment, RKE, Power Bars, Modules, etc... that will allow for easy access to everything, and keeping it sturdy of course!

Once I get a design in place, I'll post the plans on here. I am fortunate, my dad is a CAD/CADD designer, designing municipal waterways, water storage tanks, etc... and so he can help me design the stand in Auto Cad when I'm ready!
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome