The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Confused journey of another nano
View Single Post
post #97 of (permalink) Old 12-09-2012, 03:16 PM Thread Starter
Invert Warrior
Originally Posted by acitydweller View Post
Hi mark, nice work with the tank. Besides the micro rasboras, I am really loving these least killis. Mine like with the crystal shrimp, cherries, hillstream loaches, pygmae cories, and three species of micro rasboras in a 20g high tank. They seem to be curious but haven't been aggressive with any shrimp I've seen. They have a sort of spaceship hovering way about em as they move throughout the tank. I have collected these from three sources, two having a stripe down the middle and one having near tiger like vertical striping. Very interesting fish whi also do not eat their own young...
Hey Albert! I've also enjoyed this experience with H.Formosa.

--I'm not sure which microrasbora you're mentioning. I don't have one in my tank, but maybe you're mentioning yours? Either way I'd like to hear about it.

--The spaceship thing. YES lol. They completely remind me of some spaceship/submarine. But really, the fish they remind me of the most is the Dwarf Puffer. They swim alike and eat alike and they seem to have similar intelligence levels.

-- I'd love to have a picture of your tiger stripes. I would selective breed the heck out of that trait. All my babies do get tiger stripes but I think it disappears when they become adults.

-- I'm also intrigued by the not eating their young thing. I've seen them take 'nips' but I know the nips aren't vicious, because they'd simply eat the babies if they wanted to.
--You're right, I've NEVER seen them take a lunge at a shrimp. Not even a shrimp leg. Have you observed an adult with a baby shrimp?

MABJ's iDevice used for this message :p

|Mossy Bonsai|Almost ADA|DBP Loonnng|CRS Spec|
|My Tanks ʌ | Shrimp advice v|
|Essential tools|List of inverts|Sage advice|Truth About Snails|
Mark A Belcher Junior, founder -- DBP Club.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome