The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - 12 Gallon Reboot Learning Experience
View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 12-09-2012, 04:36 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru
Today I picked up some jungle val and cabomba and got them in the tank. I also properly mounted the CO2 diffuser with a suction cup. DIY Jello CO2 is going strong at almost 2 weeks. Drop checker is nice and green.

I'm pretty thrilled with how it looks, and I can't wait for it to fill out more.

When I planted the val I disrupted a lot of soil. I noticed two things. First, it's a bitch to place plants on a steep slope of ADA aqua soil. It's very eager to tumble down hill. It'll hold a slope, but if you start disturbing it, it's tough. It's perhaps even more frustrating when you are planting through a tiny hole in the top of your tank and can only use 1 hand.

The second thing is that when you disturb aqua soil, it deposits a lot of dirt on your plants. I'm not sure how to clean this off, or if you just can't and it'll eventually go away after a long period of non-disturbance. I have no idea, but I wish my plants weren't dirty right now, because otherwise they look great. Does anybody have any feedback on the dirty plants?

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome