The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Aquariponics!
Thread: Aquariponics!
View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 12-06-2012, 10:42 PM
Planted Tank Guru
The plant is Syngonium.
There are several species with slightly different leaf shapes, and many varieties with different leaf colors.
One of them is almost pure white, with a few green speckles. Another is slightly greener, not really pure white, but close.
Another is sort of tinted red, not a lot, just a wash of red over the green.
Several are a blend of green background and various patterns of white, cream or yellow speckling and banding.

I have one that has more distinctly angled leaves. Like larger arrowhead shape, large back parts, then it got bent sideways like wings. The leaves are about a foot across. It is growing out of the top of my 72 gallon tank, and has reached the floor and is growing back up again. Really big! It started form a 4" potted house plant, just about the same as yours. Different species, though. Mine is pure green, deeper cut lobes.

I also have a tank with a set up sort of like that. The water runs the full length, though, not back to front. I have Heartleaf Philodendron in it now. At different times I have grown a really nice Prayer Plant (Purple veining, not the plain Rabbit Tracks species), and several other plants.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome