The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Calling all DIY LED "Junkies" - Your opinions wanted!
View Single Post
post #140 of (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 03:13 PM
Algae Grower
Nice. I'll be following. Hope to work this into a planned full-spectrum build for my 200 gallon! I won't need the controller, but the LM3409 would be great for either XM-L or 100W chinese chip array build.

Originally Posted by O2surplus View Post
I've decided to "go back to the drawing board" in an effort to create something new. This little project will be aimed at providing a "one stop solution" for DIY Led lighting that electronics/programming novices can tackle with relative ease. Think- "a DIM4 on steroids" LOL.

The next driver is Based on the National Semi-Conductor LN3409. I designed these drivers to utilize components that will allow them to run led loads up to 60 volts/ 3,000 ma. This design will allow the newer Cree XM-L leds to be run at their Max. Each driver's maximum current output can be custom tailored using the on board trim pot. Since each PCB can only hold 2 LM3409's. The driver PCB will be split to create 2 driver sub boards that will mount under the controller. I include selectable jumpers in the design to allow each driver to be addressable by the controller.

That's it for now- the PCB's needed for this project arrive tomorrow. I'll post some pictures of the finished product after it's put together.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome