The Planted Tank Forum banner

My betta is a coward.

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Teebo 
#1 ·
I just got a tiny little moth cat, maybe 3/4" long, and put him in with my betta. As expected, the betta came over and spent some time staring at it, and then nipped at its pectoral fin. The moth cat responded by lunging up and nipping at him with its soft little mouth.
Now the betta won't come out of hiding.

#4 ·
my male's name is Eeyore not just b/c the shade of blue is the same as the Winnie the Pooh character.... he really is a sad lethargic sole who just follows his buddy's around quietly b/c if he doesn't they force him. they truly each have personalities!!!!

#5 ·
I don't think the bite was an attempt at bullying. Moth cats are weird and lumpy and mottled, they don't really look like fish. I think the betta was just trying to figure out what the heck was in his tank and if it might be edible.
He's absolutely terrified of a female guppy being temporarily housed with him. He took one look at her, shot off into hiding, and hasn't come out. Granted, it's a big guppy (she's over 2" long, never seen one this big), but still. And the guppy is ignoring him, she's mostly just glaring at the other big female guppy through the divider. The guppy ladies used to both be on the side with my more active betta, but they apparently hate each other.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.