The Planted Tank Forum banner

Any online fish stores that carry less common/rare fish?

888 views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  PlantedRich 
#1 ·
I've had great experiences with Wet Spot in Oregon. They have a vast selection of fish and they constantly try to get in less common/rare fish all the time, just wondering if there are more sites that do the same that might have other rare fish that Wet Spot might not have?

Besides AquaBid of course.

I am more interested in smaller peaceful community fish (Corydoras, loaches, in particular), but I am open to hear of places that have rarer larger fish as well (even aggressive monster fish).

Keep in mind I am in the US (so no overseas shipments directly to my door)

I guess mentioning stores with rare plants doesn't hurt either. :)

#6 ·
There are plenty of reputable breeders and sellers out there; many of whom sell on aquabid besides through their own site. The few who always pop up in my head first are:

MsJinkzd at Invertebrates by Msjinkzd | Specializing in invertebrates and micro fish from around the world.
Ted Judy at Ted's Fishroom

There are also plenty of users on this site who sometimes have interesting things being offered. A user here (i believe erty or erty jr or something like that) sells apistos The Cichlid Garden. If you keep searching you'll find there are a ton of private people who offer great stuff. Also a few stores that do good online sales (of cichlids anyway) like John at KGTropicals.com | Your One Stop Fish Keeping Spot! (great youtube channel as well!); cichlid express/daytona aquarium Home Page - Daytona Aquarium - Cichlid Express

Craigslist is also a great way to find someone who might be breeding fish locally to you as are any local auctions that might be held through some sort of aquarium society/club.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.