Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Southern California
I don't really know much to give advice, but are you sure your loss of fish/shrimp is from disease? Could they have been poisoned? Bug spray, glass cleaner, detergent, etc...
Is it possible maybe the tank received an overdose of Maracide? The medication has a strict precaution on dosage. It also has Malachite Green as the primary ingredient from what I understand is what actually kills off any parasites/invertebrates. I assume this wouldn't be very good for the Cherry shrimps in your tank.
I don't want to put my foot in my mouth but could they have died from lack of O2? Wouldn't the temp of 81 degrees in combination with the medication lower the ability of the water to retain oxygen, and assuming its a planted tank there would be minimal water surface agitation and maybe CO2 injection which would increase CO2 levels? My tank has shrimps, cardinals, and cories with similar water parameters to yours, Blade, and I would like to avoid the problem you're having. If you manage to diagnose your problem I would appreciate it if you let us know. Good luck. Hope your fish/tank gets better.