The Planted Tank Forum banner

Is my platy sick?

997 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Kitsune_Gem 
#1 ·
I picked up 6 platys this past weekend and one of them has been acting strange for the past 2 days...

The first few days he was acting fine, schooling with the others and swimming around the tank...the past 2 days he's been very lethargic, hanging out in one corner of the tank towards the top, and under the heater at the bottom of the tank. No social interaction, but eating fine.

Also, his lips have turned white. Not sure if this is ick or not, none of the other fish have these traits. No other white spots that would notify me of ick, so I'm kind of confused/concerned.

#5 ·
There's a good chance that it may already be too late, and that the entire community could be infected.

Do some reading on columnaris and treatments, just incase you start to see more infections. It's fatal and won't just go away on its own, so if your visibly infected platy is getting worse, you may want to consider putting it down before it simply succumbs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.