Favorite PET fish? - Page 2 - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-18-2013, 08:48 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Had a spotted puffer years ago that was just like a dog.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-18-2013, 09:46 AM
Algae Grower

Love my dwarf puffers, they know when I am at the tank and all congregate begging for food. The way their eyes move independently cracks me up to. I love to feed them live food they are such good hunters and they don't miss much. They will eat from my hands too. I recently feed them daphnia for the first time. They were kinda scared till one finally tried it. They all watched and when he went for the second one they all went nuts chowing down. Love puffers of all kinds. Had a fahaka puffer for many years and he would eat from my hands and actually swim into my hand if placed in the tank. He would spit water out of the tank if he was hungry or I wasn't paying attention to him. Great fish!

Last edited by Pyrojodge; 03-18-2013 at 09:48 AM. Reason: stewpid autocorrect
post #18 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-18-2013, 03:23 PM
Planted Member

For a pet fish I would have to say an Oscar. They have so much personality. Now, I wish I had the room for the size tank they need.
post #19 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-18-2013, 10:22 PM
Planted Member

Send a message via AIM to jamesyu Send a message via Yahoo to jamesyu
Clown Loaches by far, but never had a tank big enough for them after a few months.
post #20 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-18-2013, 11:31 PM
Wannabe Guru

My Angelfish (cobalt blue) is by far my favorite "pet" fish, Such a personality and just so beautiful!

"Obviously you're not a golfer."
-The Dude
post #21 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 01:11 AM
Algae Grower

Re: Favorite PET fish?

My favorite is my fahaka puffer fish. He is quite the character. He plays with me like a dog and he is a ladies man. Lol he is quite fond of my girl and any woman that comes to the tank. He is also quite interested in our boxed. The boxer licks the glass and my puffer goes after his tongue. Lol He also likes to hide in the plants and when i come to look for him, he darts out of them and flash his caudral fin.

My second favorite is my orange marble veil anglefish. She has alot of personality and follows me around when i am near the tank with her head pointed up looking for food. We also have staring contests too. She usually wins with her fin flapping. Lol
post #22 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 01:38 AM
Algae Grower

My dojo loach! Such a friendly fish. Comes up to me when I do PWCs and swims around my hand and lets me hold him.
post #23 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 02:01 AM
Algae Grower

At the moment I have 6 male bettas that are all my "babies." Two veil tails from LFS's, 3 crowntails from Thailand and one half moon from Thailand. They all have interesting personalities.

But, I'm excited to begin stocking my planted tank at the beginning of next month when I come back from vacation. I'm anticipating the Angels being my favorite in that tank.
post #24 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 02:19 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

I will have to agree with the Dwarf puffer comment. They all have individual personalities. I have one that likes to swim by my plants and slap the leaves with his tail, I'm trying to catch it on video, It' hilarious. The fact they are so small helps with the cute factor too.
post #25 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 02:28 AM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by okapizebra View Post
My dojo loach! Such a friendly fish. Comes up to me when I do PWCs and swims around my hand and lets me hold him.
I must agree. I have 3 in a 100 gallon community and they are the most comical fish I've ever had. In the morning, prior to feeding, they are all buried in the sand with just their eyes, nose and mouth exposed.

One morning, one was buried on the far right side, head poking out of the sand and another was buried on the far left side with just it's tail sticking out. It looked like one long-assed dojo loach.

Regards,
-Gary
post #26 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 02:32 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

My beloved Senegal Bichir. I love to watch her hunt for crickets and minnows. she loves to rest on floating plants and hide in a bunch of java moss.
post #27 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 04:05 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

post #28 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 04:27 AM
Wannabe Guru

Favorite PET fish?

I'm not sure about my favorite but my Rilli shrimp tend to be the most social

I put my hand in to move something and one or two generally comes for a ride. You Almost have to be careful not to take them out when u don't notice the hitch hikers
post #29 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 04:30 AM
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by auban View Post
Fire eel!
...haven't seen one for 30 odd years. We lost one because he managed to slip out the smallest of gaps in the tank lid. House mate was heart broken.

Got fish? Go here... http://www.skepticalaquarist.com/

respect to all creatures great and small
post #30 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 04:35 AM
Planted Member

Nothing beats a school of Dwarf corydoras! Both hastatus and pygymeus are so much fun to watch.

RAOK #5

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode