The Planted Tank Forum banner

Rose line shark questions

1K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  Green_Flash 
#1 ·
I'm hoping someone with first hand experience can chime in, I want to grow out a total of 6 redlines to go in my 50 cube but they're almost 6 inches long wondering if it would be a
Problem. Also the tank currently has angels. Any input is welcomed about these fish

#2 ·
They are very active fish and i think they will spook your angels.

#5 ·
They should really have more room to swim. They seem to like a minimum of a 4 foot tank. I have 10 in a 75 gallon and they seem happy. They are fine with my tiger barbs but i don't think they'd do well with angels. Mine seem to be curious about everything and sometimes bump other fish with their noses.

#10 ·
angels and roselines are fine together. i used to keep them with altum angels. like other said. 50g cube is pretty small for them. since they are fast swimmers. they do prefer more swimming space. however, in my opinion you can get away with it if the tank isnt going to be heavily planted. i say go for it if you want them. as long as you take good care of them i dont think they mind living in a smaller tank. better then in small tanks at fish stores and where they were raised.

#12 ·
they are beauties. they will look better in a pack the more the better. but for your tank. 6 would be perfect in my opinion. tho, they say they max out at 6" i have never seen one that big before. i regret selling my big ones a few years ago. now im growing out 12 of them. goodluck

#13 ·
the biggest i have seen in person is 4 and a half inches at 3 years old so i get the feeling that number is eyeballs lying to them. can they handle raw beefheart as feed do you think?
i dont always feed it but my angels get a treat every couple of days.

#14 ·
yeah i see people trying to sell them saying they have 6.5" ones which i doubt and just trying to help their sales. and roselines are pigs. they eat pretty much anything. so im pretty sure they will eat beefhearts. but i personally dont like feeding beefhearts. its to messy.

#15 ·
i let me beef heard sit in cold water for a couple days and then hand slice worm like pieces and feed it raw I dont like grinding or mixing.
I may go with some roselines or I might go with a bunch more cherries and sae and maybe some other barbs or buenos tetras

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.