Join Date: May 2012
Location: Disneyland, USA
Peacock Eel care?
I decided it was a bad idea to keep a Fire Eel in a 55 gallon tank, so here I am, asking about Peacock eels. They're not as colorful, and they say they are very shy for a few months.
1. Decorations for the tank. I know they can easily abrade themselves on hard and sharp materials, so I wanna know what you use or what you think is best.
2. Eating habits. I here they are very, very picky eater, especially as juveniles. What do you feed them? It would be preferable if I didn't have to get a separate tank for live food.
3. Is a 55 a good size for a full adult?
4. I think a 55 is a great size, or so they say, so if that's true, how many eels could coexist in the tank? 3?
5. If I can comfortably fit 3 eels in there, are there any fish, preferably a larger, visible one, that can coexist with the eels?
6. What do you personally think about them? Please share your experiences with them!!
No matter how hard you try, you cannot escape this hobby. You have been warned.