The Planted Tank Forum banner

Shy blue ram?

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  dooboogoo 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

I recently introduced a pair of rams to my dad's 48gal tank, which has been established and well planted for over a year now. The only fish that he had were six cories. The female, a gold ram, is doing fine, swimming around, looking for food, and nicely colored, but the male, a regular blue ram, is acting a lot different. He's always hiding and pale, and I doubt he's eating. It's only been a few days, so maybe he's still adjusting to the tank?

I got these from my LFS which said were locally bred and raised. I trust that they're well taken care of because the owner keeps a few breeding pairs of apistos and other dwarf cichlids in the store.

I was thinking of adding a school of some kind of tetra, maybe that would bring him out?

Any ideas?

#2 ·
Are you sure you've sexed them right? He could be sick, but it would seems more expected if a female were hiding. Give it a few days, nonetheless. And yeah, tetras would make good dither fish.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.