The Planted Tank Forum banner

dwarf platies

4K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  amcoffeegirl 
#1 ·
What happened to dwarf platies? they were the hot thing a few years ago. thats when i had too many tanks full of guppies to give them a try. were they a real thing or just stunted regular platies? anyone still have them?

#2 ·
Funny. I've never heard of them before. You might try googling them.

#7 ·
I will post pics in the morning. im on my phone right now. i absolutely love these fish. its got me thinkin bout breeding for different colors and would the dwarf gene transfer??? i dunno. i wonder if it is like the ballon mollies? im not a fan of those really. but this doesnt look as extreme to me. anyway i will be happy to share these if i can get some babies all i ask is if my tank crashes that i can get some back in return. i dont want to lose this strain again in my area. soooo cute.

#8 ·
I remember Dwarf Platies. Around here I think it was just one color and the fish looked like normal Platies, not distorted like Balloon Mollies. Dark orange- not quite red, with some black. As Starry says, they just looked like teenage/not fully grown platies.
Handsome color, and a bit smaller makes them a good choice for a 10 gallon tank.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.