Glofish Electric Green Tetra! - Page 2 - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-27-2011, 05:46 PM
Wannabe Guru

Being from California I don't have to worry about these freaks from a test tube, our laws protect me from them. lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-27-2011, 07:52 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamsonaaron View Post
Actually they look like zombies... Not for my tank personally...

Unless you did an all zombie themed tank.. You could create a little cemetery at the bottom.. get some evil dead and return of the evil dead merchandise and plant it strategically around the tank.

You would have to have regular white skirt tetras as the main inhabitants and then get 5-7 of these as the zombified versions... could be fun for little while.
Tempting....

I actually kinda of like them.

Cassandra
Just my animals: 0.2 Cornsnakes, 0.2 Bearded Dragons, 1.0 Water Dragon, 0.2.1 Crested Geckos, 1.0 Tiger Salamander, 2.0 Anoles, 0.0.2 Red Eared Slider Turtles, 0.0.1 Map Turtle, 0.0.1 Hermit Crabs, 1.0 Hamster, 1.0 Rabbit, 0.1 Horses, 2.2 Dogs, 0.2 Cats, Chickens, Ducks, Oscar Tank, Planted Bowl, 2x 10 Gallon, 2x 0.5 Gallon, 5 Gallon, and Planted 25 Gallon Tank....Is that it?
post #18 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-27-2011, 08:04 PM
Planted Tank Guru

get some glass cats too or something... undead fish tank... I likes it...
post #19 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-27-2011, 08:23 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWA-Planted View Post
get some glass cats too or something... undead fish tank... I likes it...
Those tetras, Glass Cats, and some GHOST shrimp. I like it. But not sure of what to do for decorations.

Cassandra
Just my animals: 0.2 Cornsnakes, 0.2 Bearded Dragons, 1.0 Water Dragon, 0.2.1 Crested Geckos, 1.0 Tiger Salamander, 2.0 Anoles, 0.0.2 Red Eared Slider Turtles, 0.0.1 Map Turtle, 0.0.1 Hermit Crabs, 1.0 Hamster, 1.0 Rabbit, 0.1 Horses, 2.2 Dogs, 0.2 Cats, Chickens, Ducks, Oscar Tank, Planted Bowl, 2x 10 Gallon, 2x 0.5 Gallon, 5 Gallon, and Planted 25 Gallon Tank....Is that it?
post #20 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-27-2011, 09:18 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJadeShrimp View Post
Those tetras, Glass Cats, and some GHOST shrimp. I like it. But not sure of what to do for decorations.

ghost shrimp good call!

Hmm home make like a little cemetary as mentioned above. Make little ceramic tombstone and such
post #21 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-27-2011, 09:28 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWA-Planted View Post
ghost shrimp good call!

Hmm home make like a little cemetary as mentioned above. Make little ceramic tombstone and such
I was also thinkinga nice scary looking piece of driftwood for a tree. How would I do the little ceramic tombstones?
Maybe some Blue LEDs for a moonlight effect?

Cassandra
post #22 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-28-2011, 09:42 PM
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamsonaaron View Post
Actually they look like zombies... Not for my tank personally...

Unless you did an all zombie themed tank.. You could create a little cemetery at the bottom.. get some evil dead and return of the evil dead merchandise and plant it strategically around the tank.

You would have to have regular white skirt tetras as the main inhabitants and then get 5-7 of these as the zombified versions... could be fun for little while.
That would be AWESOME! Might have to think about doing this one day

The Fraternity of Dirt #42
Who would have thought that plants like dirt?!
post #23 of 64 (permalink) Old 01-03-2012, 04:56 AM
Wannabe Guru

Send a message via MSN to samamorgan Send a message via Skype™ to samamorgan
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonrichards View Post
Glofish is producing new fish, Electric Green Tetras!

I'm sure the darn things are going to be super expensive like the others, but keep an eye out for them in your local fish stores.

These look like silver dollars. Looks like a photoshopped image.

LED Lighting Compendium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludwig van Beethoven
Don't only practice your art, but force your way into it's secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine.
post #24 of 64 (permalink) Old 01-03-2012, 04:59 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by samamorgan View Post
These look like silver dollars. Looks like a photoshopped image.
What makes you say that?

Cassandra
post #25 of 64 (permalink) Old 01-03-2012, 05:20 AM
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJadeShrimp View Post
What makes you say that?
The fact that absolutely everything is green on them, and the edges are pretty sharply defined like they used the selection tool and just messed with the color balance. Here's an example i did in about 2 minutes:

And then, the only information i can find on these is on these forums and on one other forum, only one picture of them can be found as far as i can tell anywhere on the internet, and the glofish website says absolutely nothing about these anywhere i can find.

More pictures or this is a hoax imo.

LED Lighting Compendium
Quote:
Don't only practice your art, but force your way into it's secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine.
post #26 of 64 (permalink) Old 01-03-2012, 05:23 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Sorry I meant. What makes you think they are silver dollars?

Cassandra
post #27 of 64 (permalink) Old 01-03-2012, 05:26 AM
Wannabe Guru

Ah, i just think they look a little more like them, dont white skirts usually have much larger anal fins?

LED Lighting Compendium
Quote:
post #28 of 64 (permalink) Old 01-03-2012, 05:31 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by samamorgan View Post
Ah, i just think they look a little more like them, dont white skirts usually have much larger anal fins?
I think it varies. I thought silver dollars have a more pointed dorsal fin. And silver dollars don't have a Adipose fin, the little fin after the dorsal.

Cassandra
post #29 of 64 (permalink) Old 01-03-2012, 05:58 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

No they are real, I have seen these at my LFS. They had pink ones too. I do not like them, even though I am okay with selective breeding. I guess it seems like cheating rather than spending years to breed them. They should make some colors that are a bit more normal.
post #30 of 64 (permalink) Old 01-03-2012, 10:01 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

u guys do know there is glow angelfish right? :P

I wonder how long they last...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode