The Planted Tank Forum banner

New Tank Soon -- Planning Suggestions

596 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Rhaethe 
#1 ·
I'll be acquiring a 56g column tank soon. Dimensions are 30x18x24. I do plan on planting it out of course. I also plan on tearing down my 10g and 20g and placing everything in there, fishes included.

That would put a female honey gourami, 3 sparkling gourami, 10 pygmy cories, and 6 rummynose in the same tank. I'm fairly confident of their compatibility ... especially with the planting.

Am pondering on what else I might place in there. A part of me is considering a school of smaller rainbows like praecox. Alternatively, perhaps more rummynose and an angelfish.

Not sure though. Thoughts?

edited to add --- I think I will be getting a 40g breeder instead.

#2 ·
idk.... its your tank.. but how about a school of white cloud minnows... or harlequin rasboras... you can do some pearl gouramis... thgh i think your gouramis are small enough... the angel might get alittle aggressive with all the small little fishes... like your gouramis.. but u can try... and see how it comes out...

I also want to ask you about your sparkling gouramis... how many would i be able to have in a 20 gallon long..?

#3 ·
I have three in a 10g, and that is the most I feel comfortable with. Some aren't feisty ... but some can get quite territorial with each other, just like their larger cousins. Females tend to be more group minded ... while males stake out their little patch of aquarium. It is really hard to sex them though. Really hard. So I just assume they are all guys, heh.

I would think you could place 6-8 in a 20 long .... provided you are planted heavily.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.