The Planted Tank Forum banner

Fishies.... (white cloud minnnow)

3K views 20 replies 5 participants last post by  SNSDFAN 
#1 ·
Hi everyone... i have some questions about whitecloud minnows... like ive heard and read that they dont need much to survive... and like i went to the mt one day and like those stream fishes looked alot like white cloud minnows... anyways.... how many should i get and if you guys kno anymore about them then feel free to write a whole page back.... thnx :)

#3 ·
White clouds are fairly easy to keep, I wouldn't rate them any hardier than most other tetras. Mine zoom around the surface weaving in and out of all the frogbit and pennywort. The males are quite the showstoppers as well. They do alot of fin displays to the females and they are a bright vivid red. They are peaceful fish and tend to swim together.

There is plenty of info available on them, just google white cloud minnow and you'll get a plethora of websites. And you should really always focus on trying to provide the best possible environment for your fishies.

#5 ·
White clouds are fairly easy to keep, I wouldn't rate them any hardier than most other tetras. Mine zoom around the surface weaving in and out of all the frogbit and pennywort. The males are quite the showstoppers as well. They do alot of fin displays to the females and they are a bright vivid red. They are peaceful fish and tend to swim together.

There is plenty of info available on them, just google white cloud minnow and you'll get a plethora of websites. And you should really always focus on trying to provide the best possible environment for your fishies.

THank you... ur very helpful... wat other fishes do you have with it... and do yours school together tightly or like loosly...?

#6 ·
For the past month I have been raising @15 juvenile white clouds in a separate 20H tank with quite a few plants, including floating Wisteria. Right now they are about 1/2 their adult size and are being kept with only Ottos, Ghost Shrimp and small snails. They're pretty active, usually looking towards the surface for their next meal. However,their movements still are not very fluid (especially in comparison to the adult Zebra Danios in my other tank), somewhat like images from an old movie with a few skipped frames. Usually, they hang out together in the top half of the tank, but on occassion a few brave ones venture to the lower parts and swim throughout the plants and other objects exploring and probably searching for food. Thus far the juvenile White Clouds have been fairly easy to take care of and I expect this to continue as they mature. Because of their small size when I got them, I had to be very careful initially when performing water changes. The plan is to gradally move the group over to the 45G tank once they are bigger and can better fend for themselves.

No CO2 in the 20H. Lighting is T5NO (2 x 14 watt but running only 1 bulb) for the various Swords, Anubias, Crypt Wendtiis, Java Fern, and Wisteria. Your 20L tank is better suited than my 20H for allowing adult White Clouds to school, assuming the Vals haven't taken over your tank.

#9 ·
For the past month I have been raising @15 juvenile white clouds in a separate 20H tank with quite a few plants, including floating Wisteria. Right now they are about 1/2 their adult size and are being kept with only Ottos, Ghost Shrimp and small snails. They're pretty active, usually looking towards the surface for their next meal. However,their movements still are not very fluid (especially in comparison to the adult Zebra Danios in my other tank), somewhat like images from an old movie with a few skipped frames. Usually, they hang out together in the top half of the tank, but on occassion a few brave ones venture to the lower parts and swim throughout the plants and other objects exploring and probably searching for food. Thus far the juvenile White Clouds have been fairly easy to take care of and I expect this to continue as they mature. Because of their small size when I got them, I had to be very careful initially when performing water changes. The plan is to gradally move the group over to the 45G tank once they are bigger and can better fend for themselves.

No CO2 in the 20H. Lighting is T5NO (2 x 14 watt but running only 1 bulb) for the various Swords, Anubias, Crypt Wendtiis, Java Fern, and Wisteria. Your 20L tank is better suited than my 20H for allowing adult White Clouds to school, assuming the Vals haven't taken over your tank.

THnx for your very helpful information... :hihi: so wat kind of filtration do you have with your baby cloud minnows..? oh and do you every find some like growing up different or like abit bigger than the others...?

#7 ·
Hello,
Just wanted to say that at one time I had white clouds. They are one of my favorite fishy's. You don't even need a heater in your tank and they are very hardy. I got mine to spawn in a 5 gallon tank with java moss. I removed the parents and ended up with a hundred babies! They were so pretty. As babies they look like neons. It was really cool to see them grow. One day I plan on keeping them again.

#18 ·
I feed them crushed flakes, the same primary food as the adult Zebra Danios in the 45G receive. The juveniles also venture down to the bottom and nibble on algae wafers that are intended for the Ottos and Ghost Shrimp.

#19 ·
I feed them crushed flakes, the same primary food as the adult Zebra Danios in the 45G receive. The juveniles also venture down to the bottom and nibble on algae wafers that are intended for the Ottos and Ghost Shrimp.
Alright thank you... wat are some foods that u kno of that i shouldnt feed them.. cuz like i think ive heard of people saying that you shouldnt feed dried bloodworms to guppies for some reason.. idk... thats wat ive heard...? :help:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.