The Planted Tank Forum banner

Tiger Hillstream Loach (Sewellia lineolata) question

3K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Indeed 
#1 ·
I was wondering if anyone had experience with these guys, i want a few for my 110gal but not sure if they would like my water conditions. ph. 7.5, temp 76-78F, heavily planted, high light. Anyways just curious if they could be happy and do well in such a tank. Any help would be awesome, thanks.

#3 ·
thanks for the info, but i was more concerned with the temperature these fish need to be kept at. Most sites suggest a lower temp but i have seen them in tropical aquariums before but have yet to hear of how well they can actually do in a aquarium kept at 76-78F.

#5 ·
well i don't have a high turnover rate but i do have LOTS of plants (especially given the low bio-load in the tank) and adding a aerator wouldn't be a issue, would this work?

#7 ·
thanks, yeah i kind a came to the same conclusion as well, when my LFS gets them back in stock i will try a pair and see how they do. thanks :biggrin:

#10 ·
mine isn't really a river tank but it has lots of river rocks in the hard-scape and many hiding places. My tank is low flow, like 400gph. we'll see how they do, worst case scenario i'll take them back to my lfs. thanks again guys, good info.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.