The Planted Tank Forum banner

Emperor Tetra and Bright Light?

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Golightly 
#1 ·
I'm interested in keeping some Emperor Tetra in my new planted tank. But several places I looked have mentioned that they do not like Bright Lights.

My question is, how bright is too bright? My tank has 4 x 39w T5 Plant Pro lights (50 gallon tank).

Has anyone got experience with them in a planted tank? I know Amano uses them in quite a few of his tanks.

#5 ·
It it helps, I had them in both 2 x 65 watt pc and later 4 x 54 watt T5HO over 55 gallon. The only problem with the higher light was they tend to look more yellow than that beautiful purple hue.
i think most fishes prefer somewhat subdued lighted. as long as they have places to retreat, i think you should be fine. the brightest lights i've kept them in was 4x65W in a 60g. honestly, i don't think you'll have an issue.
Thanks, that answer my question I think! It's a heavily planted tank so would be hiding spaces too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.