The Planted Tank Forum banner

Larger Schooling Fish ? — 75G

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  SKYE.__.HIGH 
#1 ·
Hello everyone, I'm going to be setting up an ADA 120-P in the near future. I am looking for suggestions on larger schooling fish that are compatible with plants and rummy nose tetras. I would prefer them to be slower moving and colorful if at all possible.

Ps.
One more question, do dwarf gourami's school or any type of gourami.

Thanks,
Skye

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 ·
Gouramis don't typically school. Plus, if you're looking for tetras, I wouldn't add gouramis because they can be easily intimidated by larger, active tetras.

Large tetras include Serpae, Bleeding Heart, Lemon, Red/Blue Colombian, Congo, African Red Eye, and plenty of other types. Really just comes down to personal preference. Of course, most larger tetras are nippy towards other fish, specifically the Serpae, but overall they should be fine.

#3 ·
Gouramis don't typically school. Plus, if you're looking for tetras, I wouldn't add gouramis because they can be easily intimidated by larger, active tetras.

Large tetras include Serpae, Bleeding Heart, Lemon, Red/Blue Colombian, Congo, African Red Eye, and plenty of other types. Really just comes down to personal preference. Of course, most larger tetras are nippy towards other fish, specifically the Serpae, but overall they should be fine.

Thanks, I have seen the lemon tetras and they look pretty nice. And they school super tight.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.