The Planted Tank Forum banner

Looking to stock a 10g - suggestions wanted

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  newbieshrimpkeeper 
#1 ·
I just redid my ten-gallon tank - scrapped everything but the plants and switched from red fluorite to white sand. It's going to stay low tech with java fern, crypt wendtii, and some buces and anubias. It's 78 degrees and I'm slowly dropping the pH from 8(well water) to 7 with driftwood and water changes with RODI. I'm running a fusion power filter with just some substrat pro and the stock pad while it cycles.

This tank is mostly going to be about the plants, but I was wondering what fish would do well in it. I love pygmy cories and tetras, but I've been eyeballing kribensis recently. Any suggestions? Open to any suggestions. :)

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I wouldn't keep pygmies in that high of a temp, personally.
At that temp, sparkling gourami would work.
Kris would work in that temp also.

#4 ·
Kribs i meant..
Yes mine have been very productive!
Think you could do some cory that like warmer water with them. I think they do ok in community if you don't have a pair* if you have a PAIR then no.. BEFORE i knew mine were a pair i pulled them from a 20g long heavily planted.. Because they were going after even my 2 (at the time i only had 2) otos. Neat little fish tho.

Reactions: SinisterSheltie
#7 ·
Try some celestial pearl danios if you want a big school with a lot of room left over. I love them in my 20 gallon long. They can be a bit shy, but they are gorgeous when fully grown out (see my avatar) and stay relatively small. I keep a school of 15 with 8 oto's and a small angelfish, and everyone is very happy and the community thrives.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.