The Planted Tank Forum banner

Building an Oasis

46K views 261 replies 71 participants last post by  izabella87 
#1 ·
So.... where should I begin..
I woke up this morning, and i remembered dreaming of an oasis..
Went to the store bought supplies to build it...
here are some in-the-process of buildin pics :)
Width: 29.1339" (74cm)
Height: 14.5669" (37cm)
Depth: 29.1339" (74cm)
Your tank's volume is approximately 12,364.2 cubic inches or 53.5 U.S. gallons, which is approximately 208.2 liters.

See less See more
#231 ·
Hi everyone!

First I'd like to say that today I've got my 100th video uploaded on YouTube :)
And I would like to thank all my followers, subscribers and forum friends for your continuous support !
Here's the link to the video message for all you :) and also this video has info about my new Frankenstein inhabitants; fresh water clams.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=yjZN1q8E87E

#235 ·
Hi Everyone !
Big Sorry for not updating for a while.. We had some technical/moving difficulties..

All shall b explained in videos below hehe..

Basically.. I come home one day and 1/3 of Frankensteins water is on my bedroom floor.. The janitor standing outside my apartment not very happy.. lol the neighbor downstairs has a shower in his bedroom lol...Its raining fish Halleluja.lalala...

So I had to put all fish in buckets, empty tank, go get a tank 100 miles away meanwhile lost a few fish to suffocation.. put them in my boyfriends bathtub for a few days set up new tank.. [censored][censored][censored][censored]ed up my water, ammonia killed 3/4 of my stock, i freaked out.. but still repaired Frankenstein... yes 2 more tubed of silicone went in it.. now its indestructible lol... meanwhile still waiting to set up a few 200-300 gallon tanks in my bfs house, which is a hell of a job itself.. So.. thats why Ive been so busy and not updating.. But its getting better.. Got a new batch of fry yesterday.. and here's the video

#241 ·
So here is the new Frankenstein setup :) With all my fry fish.. Soon I'll show you my other tank that has all my bigger fish.. just not there currently to take pics of the fancy tank :)
In the meanwhile .. here you go :)

And just for [censored][censored][censored][censored]s n giggles, thats my sphynx cat ;)

#242 ·
Hey everyone !! got some good new!!!
Well I'll start with showing you the new tank we got when Franky had it's leaking problem...
here's a few shots of the tank and remaining survivors of the flood n the ammonia catastrophe. There's only a few plants in there cuz of the ammonia the first ones put in there it made them rot and didnt help the water quality.

And here's the god news.. see fr yourself... The jewel pair has laid its first batch of eggs in this new tank :)

#243 ·
Frankenstein converted into my new grow out tank. 90% of these fish are born in my tanks the rest of just small cichlids i had from the previous tank set-up. Thanks for watching

#250 ·
Hiiii people. Me Again bombardin you yet with another video :)
today i got myself two neon green jewel cichlids for my Frankhenstein tank :)
here is the video and me speaking of them !!!

#251 ·
HI everyone ! Long time no update, was rumbling and bombaling with my 10-some tanks. Got a few video update for original Frankenstein and the other tank I got my original Frankenstein residents in. Fish in the big franky are getting alll bigger(they were all mostly fry) and in the smaller franky well jewels still breeding like crazy
I aded some nice driftwood i collected from a forest for the big tank, and i also performed surgery on a blue acei cichlid who had two massive cysts on his tail and dorsal fin.. will spare the details of how i removed them.. fish is okay now, healing well, fins are growing back cyst free :))
So here are a few videos below, thanks for watching -Yeah btw i actually began commenting during videos, hope im doing somewhat of a good job haha..

(for the fotos, you can follow me on instagram @enshacra87 - http://instagram.com/enshacra87/)

#252 ·
Okay I gotta ask: how do you manage to get such clear photos? The videos prove that these fish are always on the move and yet you do not have blurry fish photos, so obviously your shutter speed is fast. Do you use a flash? Whenever I use my flash I get reflections, so I end up with slow shutter speeds and blurry fish. Help!

#255 ·
Thank you! Seeing is believing.. Lol.. ok shut up philosopher in me !
Ill b selling the blue stripped babies that are all grown up now, just the ones im not intending to keep the linage of the pretty ones im keeping to rebreed n make a sick-ass strain of hybrids :D and selling the jewels im not keeping, in the same way...

#256 ·
Hi everyone ! Im just gonna update on the baby Jewels, now that its been a lil over 2 months I got them. They still alive ?!?!? yeah in a tank full of predatory fish. But those predators gave up long time on tryinna eat the jwel fry.. cuz the parents are very resilient beasts haha...

#257 ·
Hi everyone... quick update here... after multple successful batches of my first couple of Jewel cichlids... my second couple have their first spawn... Ill let you watch ! -- Btw the mother is a neon green jewel cichlid, and father a red jewel, pretty fry to come :)
---In case you dont see it, the fry are all in the left bottom corner.

#260 ·
Hi guys/Gals. QUick update on my Other Frankenstein tank. Meanwhile my 100s of jewel babies are still under the careful eye of parents, after already like 3 some/months, Now ive discovered some new pseudotropheus blue zebra babies in there. The, quite fat/big/alive..how the heck they manage to survive in this tank of big fish, thats a mystery!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.