So this week I fired up a DIY CO2 setup. The first mix I'm trying is 2 packs of jello with 1.75c sugar added. After letting it set, I cut it up and put it in a 1.9L juice container and added Lalvin Dried Wine Yeast EC 1118 (and water), which is yeast that'll live to 18% alcohol. After 2 days it's pumping out CO2 now at a rate of about a bubble every 4 seconds. Slow, but very very steady. I have a drop checker on the way to see how well it's working. The edge has such a small air opening (only 7" x 4 3/4"), and it's only 12 gallons, so I'm curious to see how well the CO2 holds in the water.
With the CO2 going, I decided to buy a couple of pogostemon helferi which requires CO2. I also have some stems of rotala indica and a bunch of rotala roundifolia and bacopa on the way.
One thing that's really neat about the Edge is the crystal clear top down view: