The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - New fish! - Tanganyika Shoreline 50G Riparium
View Single Post
post #684 of (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 10:07 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru
I have zero experience with Tanganyika cichlids, but I am having fun with my initial research.

I am going to watch out for Neolamprologus too. They are pretty common in the hobby, but so attractive. They remind me of Anthias.

(Wikimedia Commons image:

I want to give more thought to the riparium planting as well. I might just use some of the fast and easy plants that I have here (Ruellia, Asclepias, Cyperus etc.) but it could also be fun to research some mor and try to use more or less representative plants. I have looked around on the interwebs and most of the pictures that I see of Lake Tanganyika show a very rocky shoreline that looks like the ocean. But there must be some more quiet bays with marginal/emergent/riaprian vegetation. Has anybody here ever been there? I should look around scholarly articles some more to see if I can find aquatic plant lists. If I can find information on Lake Malawi or Lake Victoria that will be helpful because the flora is probably similar.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome