The Planted Tank Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

So whats with rootmedic

4K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  dropkick706 
#1 ·
Not sure where to post this, but I placed an order two weeks ago, got the message the payment went through and since then nothing. I've tried emailing and pm'ing him and no response. Not sure where to go from here.

Is there a better way to get a hold of him?

:/

#2 ·
With Rootmedic you just have to be patient. Justin lives up in South Dakota (if I remember correctly) and its fairly remote. The packages go through USPS and with a couple of my orders THEY were the hang up, just letting packages sit around.

To compound the problems Justin is usually extremely busy. I think he's an EMS and works really crazy hours. He'll get back to you and he'll do what he can to make it right, but patience is key.

#3 ·
It's not really a business, it's more of a hobby-business for him I think. So, good quality stuff and nice guy, but I don't think you can expect a constantly high level of service from him. I'm sure you'll get your stuff ASAP!

#6 ·
+1. I ordered things from Hong Kong and US on the same day, and my package from Hong Kong came first...in fact my package from the US is already 3 business days behind my Hong Kong package.

#7 ·
I ordered a package (ultimate kit worth $100) in mid September and still do not have it. There have been "issues" which I've been more than flexible in accomodating.

If I do not hear from him by Thanksgiving a fully detailed write up of my experience will be posted. There will be no lack of emotion...

#16 · (Edited)
I also have had some problems with rootmedic lately.I ordered some root tabs on 11/10 and it said that they still have not shipped. I emailed Justin but he never responded so I was worried. I am glad I found out what happened before my parents made me try to refund my order.

#17 ·
For the record, I'm emberrassed to introduce myself to the planted tank forum through this thread. I can see from the responses preceding this post, Justin has earned himself a strong reputation.

I sent him another message through his website last week and PM'd him here tonight.

I will continue to wait patiently.

#19 ·
if you've been waiting over two weeks, why not cancel your order with him and pick up some dry ferts and go from there instead? Justin sounds like a good guy, but if people are having such issues with him, then why not examine other options for fertilizing your tank. I hope he resolves these issues and everything is ok..

#20 ·
if you've been waiting over two weeks, why not cancel your order with him and pick up some dry ferts and go from there instead? Justin sounds like a good guy, but if people are having such issues with him, then why not examine other options for fertilizing your tank. I hope he resolves these issues and everything is ok..
1+ Pfetz is have a warehouse clearance sale at 45% off!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.