The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Geniusdudekiran's ADA Mini S Iwagumi "Treeless Mountain" Updated 12.02.12
View Single Post
post #1186 of (permalink) Old 11-26-2012, 10:35 PM Thread Starter
Prodigious Plant Pundit
Originally Posted by antbug View Post
That last FTS looks great! The hill, rocks and HC have come together nicely. The Blyxa on the left flows really nice as well, but the stems in the back are taking away the hill look IMO. Maybe it's the way they are cut or maybe it's just the stems. Some downoi crowns would look better IMO. Either way, nicely done!

How are your trees doing? My trident just started to change colors and is loosing a few leaves.
Thanks! I need to take a better shot. Got a light load of homework tonight, I'll straighten it up and take a close up.

I see what you're saying. As it gets thicker, I'm not going to trim it as sharply, but for the time being it's an easy way to manage the thicket and looks decent. The stems are also very biologically functional in this scape -- algae issues curbed soon after their addition, as they're much more efficient at sucking up excess nutrients, etc. There actually is one crown of downoi in the tank at the moment, though it's growing very weirdly. Will post a pic of it tonight.

Geez, it must be really warm over there. Both the tridents have lost their leaves here, and the elm is losing them quickly (though I don't believe that it is going to lose all of them). Temps have dipped into the mid-thirties here so far. I like the cold though!

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." -- Steve Jobs
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome