The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Simple, affordable RO units??
View Single Post
post #18 of (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 08:03 PM
Wannabe Guru
PTrader: (19/100%)
Originally Posted by Soothing Shrimp View Post
+1 I use pure water club and have been very happy with it. The filters aren't super expensive and it was within my budget range. I have the 100 gallon one, which is only a few dollars more than the next lower one. My water pressure SUCKS! but I can still fill a 5 gallon in roughly 3 hrs, where other units are out of the question because if you have too low pressure they won't work at all.

I have sooo much junk in our water, I have to buy a new filter roughly every 6 months, but for me it's worth it.

I also bastardized some fittings and hooked it up to the shower head in our spare bathroom.
I have to chime in on this as well since I bought a Pure Water Club RO+DI unit (100G/day (same one that Soothing Shrimp listed)) and it is the bomb! You can't beat the price either (compared to other systems out there)! Took my 400+ TDS water down to 0 TDS. I was blown away. All my water changes now consist of 1/3 RODI water and 2/3 Tap water.

I just use the faucet adapter on our utility sink and fill up 5G buckets until I need them, then just transfer whatever I need into 1G milk jugs and lug those around instead.

The Fraternity of Dirt #42
Who would have thought that plants like dirt?!
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome