The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - My 55 gallon adventure! Updated 12/4
View Single Post
post #21 of (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 05:55 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru
Getting it moving again

So after the smackdown that I laid on the BBA with excel spot dosing I melted my Val.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	53.JPG
Views:	95
Size:	120.6 KB
ID:	57057

You can see the damage I did with the excel (lesson learned)

Name:	55.JPG
Views:	88
Size:	115.2 KB
ID:	57058

However the good news is that there appears to be a few runners coming off so I gave the bigger leaves a STRONG trimming to get rid of any leaves which didn't appear healthy or with spots that appeared to be excel ridden. The good news is that in doing that I moved a few of them around and the root system is awesome so I'm hoping for a good bounceback!

I have been getting some great growth out of the 2x2 flame moss mesh (which has shot up overnight, great moss from H4n)

Name:	54.JPG
Views:	91
Size:	127.5 KB
ID:	57059

The Xmas moss has had good growth and in fact with tonight's trimming I was able to finish covering the rock up front there so now I can get ready to start moving it across the other rocks

Name:	56.JPG
Views:	86
Size:	183.1 KB
ID:	57060

And here is the current tonight The swordlets look good and the LFS had a plant with red so I figured that I would give it a try

Name:	57.JPG
Views:	89
Size:	122.2 KB
ID:	57061

Also on a sidenote the algae issue has pretty much cleared up as well, I have adjusted lighting and have lightened up the fert dosing so coupled with the addition of some bristlenose plecos have really turned that issue around, I only found 1 or 2 very small dots tonight on the glass.

Thanks for dropping by, I will be posting some new pics of my 10 gallon tomorrow, I'm redoing it to get ready for some shrimp
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome