Things look good for a bit!
1701ppm outside water
I didn't see any noticeable leak so I went ahead with the experiment
It took a few minutes but the ppm started dropping. It dropped 1 ppm every 2-3 seconds. This is totally responsive in an aquarium where we're looking at 9ppm - 50ppm max. The ppm is a lot more stable in the container compared to air. There was a 2-3 ppm deviation sometimes.
I wanted to see where it would wind up but the readings stopped and notice there was a little water. The experiment ended at 1648ppm. I'm drying things out now. Hopefully there's no permanent damage. I'll need more silicone and thicker band next time.